American Express Blue Cash Preferred
- earn 6% back at US supermarkets (limited by $6000 spending annually, then 1%)
- 3% on gas and in selected department stores
- 1% back on all other purchases
- $150 sign up bonus after spending $1000 in purchases in the first 3 months
$95 annual fee
up to 3-6% cash back
$150 intro bonus
- Highest rewards for groceries and gas:
- 6% cash back on groceries up to $6000 in spending annually
- 3% on gas purchases
- 1% on all purchases
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months
- $95 annual fee
- AmEx credit cards are not accepted everywhere – especially outside the U.S.
- 2.7% international transaction fee
One of the best cards for groceries and gas rewards. Not for people who carry a balance because of the interest rates (13.49% minimum, there are better low APR cards on the market).
For groceries cash back, there is a cap of $6000 on annual spending. If you spend much more, you can consider U.S. Bank Cash+ card with a 5% cash back and $8,000 annual cap and 2% unlimited cash back on one category of choice.
Try these cards
CREDIT SCORE UPDATES
exclusive members-only deals