Discover it Chrome Card for College Students
no annual fee
student card - no credit needed
2% cash back on gas and dining
The student's version of a popular Discover it card.
- No annual fee
- 2% cash back on gas and dining out with a quarterly cap of $1000 combined purchases
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- 0% intro APR in the first six month of the account
- Relatively low APR of 13.49-22.49% then
- No penalty APR
- First late payment forgiveness
- FICO credit score available for free online and in your statements – a very useful feature for young people with no credit to help them in getting a good understanding how credit works
- Discover cards are not widely accepted outside of the U.S. If you plan to travel it is better to have another card for that.
A good option for college students to start building a credit history. No annual fee and good rewards rate make Discover it a good card in line with other student cards. Some examples are Citi ThankYou Preferred card for college students with sign-up bonus, no annual fee, and 2x points rate, or Journey Student Rewards from Capital One with 1.25% rewards rate.
The main issue with Discover is that it is not the base card for out of the country travel – merchants abroad do not always accept Discover.
Try these cards
CREDIT SCORE UPDATES
exclusive members-only deals