Discover it Chrome 2% Cashback Card
no annual fee
2% on gas and dining out
- Card suits for people with Fair to Good credit
- No annual fee
- 0% intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 14 months
- Low standard APR 11.49%-23.49%
- No international transaction fee – it is quite useless because the card is not wide accepted outside the US
- 2% cashback on gas and restaurants with a limit of $1000 in purchases each quarter
- 1% cash back on everything
- No penalty APR
- First late payment fee is waived
- Free FICO score provided for credit tracking
- Cash back can be redeemed any time with no minimum
- 20% cash back on online purchases made in Discover’s online shopping mall
- 3% balance transfer fee which is not something uncommon
- Discover is not a worldwide-accepted credit card – you can have problems with finding a place accepting Discover even is some parts of the US and, you will have problems with paying with Discover overseas.
Discover 2% card is a very good choice if you do not have good or excellent credit. You get a no annual fee card with a good rewards rate and low APR. Usually, people get unexpectedly large credit limit from Discover – much more than from other banks.
If you have good to excellent credit and a good choice of card offers, it is better to think twice because Discover card is not the best option for traveling abroad. Even in the US, there are places that do not take Discover, and you can find it uncomfortable. One of the best cards with 2% cashback is Citi Double cash – it offers 2% cashback on all purchases if paid off in time.
If you have not so good credit, Discover can be a much better alternative to other no credit/average credit cards, and probably will give you a much bigger credit limit.
If you like more earning 5% on changing categories, there is another Discover it card for that - Discover it card 5% cashback.
Try these cards
CREDIT SCORE UPDATES
exclusive members-only deals