American Express Premier Rewards Gold charge card
- earn 3x points on airplane tickets booked directly with airlines
- 2x points for gas, supermarkets
- 1 point per dollar on everything else
- get 25,000 points after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months of the account
$195 annual fee, waived for first year
charge card, need to pay off balance in full every month
Notice: this is technically not a credit but a charge card – you cannot keep a balance on the card because monthly balance should be paid every month in full.
- 25,000 points sign-up bonus after spending $2,000 on the card in the first three months
- 3 points per $1 on flights (booked directly with airlines), 2 points on gas and supermarkets inside the U.S.
- 1 point per dollar on all other purchases
- American Express Membership reward points are on the top of the travel miles chart with a buying power up to 2 cents each, if you use it right
- A charge card – you should pay off your balance in full every month
- 2.7% international transaction fee – not a good feature for a premium travel card
Here is another American Express Gold card that offers no sign up bonus and 1x-3x rewards rate for a $195 annual fee.
Those who prefer a credit card and not a charge card can have a look at AmEx Everyday Preferred card with 3x points on groceries and 2x on gas.
Try these cards
CREDIT SCORE UPDATES
exclusive members-only deals