Best Credit Cards of Popular Hotel Chains
Hotel credit cards are usually tied to the loyalty program within a particular hotel chain and earn points for every dollar spent. These points can then be used for discounts, free nights, and can even be transferred for use in popular frequent flyer programs for certain airlines.
Compared to the general travel rewards credit cards, hotel co-branded cards can offer additional benefits like priority check-ins, free drinks, room upgrades and more. One of the top perks is the ability to earn elite status even faster and enjoy many additional members-only benefits.
Check out our top picks for hotel branded credit cards:
no annual fee
up to 32,000 points welcome bonuses (up to 4 nights free)
8,000 points every year you spend $10,000 or more on purchases
15 points for hotel purchases
2 points on all purchases
$95 annual fee
2 weekend nights spending bonus
10x points on Hilton Portfolio hotels stays
no annual fee
40,000 sign-up bonus
6 points for Hilton Portfolio hotels stays
3 points on gas, supermarkets and drugstores
2 points per dollar on all other purchases
no annual fee or $69 annual fee versions
3 points per $1 on participating hotel purchases
2 points per dollar on gas, utility and grocery store purchases
15,000 sign up bonus
Tips on choosing a hotel chain:
- When it comes to international travel, the Marriott and Starwood brands offer the greatest number of hotels available worldwide.
- Hilton offers the quickest and easiest way to reach elite status as when you sign up for the HHonors card offered by Chase, you will automatically be given elite status.
- The Starwood and Hyatt chains have an excellent reputation for offering their elite members the very best service.
Tips on choosing a hotel credit card:
- It can be a good idea to have a hotel card that complements your credit card for everyday spending.
- Getting a hotel card is an excellent idea if you are partial enough to a particular brand that it would be beneficial to enroll in their loyalty program. Especially if you travel often for business.
- Compare the available benefits offered by hotel cards to the benefits offered by general rewards and airline credit cards.
CREDIT SCORE UPDATES
exclusive members-only deals