Citi Business AAdvantage Card for American Airlines Fans
$95 annual fee, waived for the 1st year
up to 2 miles/$1
50,000 sign-up bonus
lots of AAirlines travel perks
- As a bonus, you can get a 50,000 AAdvantage bonus miles (a domestic round-trip ticket equivalent) if you have spent more than $3,000 from your account in the first 3 months. You will get two complimentary Admiral's Club® lounge One-Day Passes as a bonus.
- Regular rewards – 1 AAdvantage mile per $1
- 2x miles for American Airlines purchases, flights, booked through American Airlines, car rentals, office supplies, and telecommunications.
- Additional bonuses: Get 5% additional miles when renewing your membership, $99 Companion certificate once a year (after spending $30,000 on a card) that you can spend on domestic travel, first checked bag free and Group 1 boarding while traveling on American Airlines (for you and up to 4 of your companions), 25% off on AA and US Airways in-flight purchases.
- Annual summary for budgeting and tax purposes
- There is an $95 annual fee which is waived for the first year.
- Excellent credit needed to apply.
- 3% International transaction fee – not the best thing on a travel card, unless you travel only domestic.
- Miles can be redeemed only at American Airlines, American Connection, American Eagle, and partner airlines.
Verdict and Alternatives
Overall a good card, but not special, considering you have an excellent credit and are ready to pay an annual fee. Capital One Spark Miles may be a better option for you. Spark Miles offers 2 miles per $1 on all purchases, No Hassle Miles (can be redeemed for any air travel), a smaller annual fee and no international transactions fee. The only big advantage CitiBusiness AAdvantege offers are American Airlines specific perks: priority boarding, 1 checked bag free, and business lounge passes. So if you travel preferably by American Airlines, CitiBusiness may work better for you.
Try these cards
CREDIT SCORE UPDATES
exclusive members-only deals