Norwegian Cruise Line Credit Card by BoA
no annual fee
3x points on Norwegian purchases
- No annual fee
- 10,000 points sign-up bonus after first purchase in the first 90 days of the account
- 1 point per $1 on all purchases
- 3x points on Norwegian purchases
- Redeem points for cruises, hotel reservations, and retailer gift cards
- 3% international transaction fee
- Points expire in five years – make sure you’ll have a vacation before
As many other co-branded affinity cards, it worth thinking twice before applying, even for a no annual fee. Regular rewards rate is just mediocre, and the main problem is the redeem rate. You can redeem points for on-board purchases with a rate of about 1 point per 1 cent. But if you decide to buy a cruise with your points you will be disappointed – your points will be worth 2-4 times less if you redeem it for cruises.
There is a better option if you want to collect travel rewards – consider Barclaycard Arrival Plus or Bank of America Travel Rewards with the redeem rate of 1.5 -2.2 cents for $1. With such travel reward cards, you can redeem points towards any travel expenses – cruise purchases included.
Try these cards
CREDIT SCORE UPDATES
exclusive members-only deals